Recently a lot of people had posted their list of "things most people don't know" about them on Facebook. Secretly I have loved reading every single one I can find. I love learning about what makes people tick, their idiosyncrasies, and their passions. However, I haven't been as keen on the idea of putting my own list out there. I am not sure why that is: I don't have very interesting things to say? I don't want people knowing that much about me?
Whatever it is, I have been thinking about what I would say, if I could have to courage to put myself out there. So instead, I will include my list here, for me.
1. I feel a great sense of accomplishment when I use up a tube of lipstick or chapstick.
2. I spent the month before my Senior year learning all 1300 students names who went to my school. I photocopied their pictures and made myself flashcards.
3. My love story is one of "love at first sight" when I was only 14 years old. I knew I had to find away to weasel myself into Mason's heart.
4. I do not wear shorts. So how is it living on an island? HOT!!!!
5. I love to plan parties and events. I often do my best planning lying in bed at night trying to go to sleep. It doesn't work until I have written my ideas down and often drawn a layout. HOWEVER, I also have a problem where I get so excited and pumped up before the event that I am often too exhausted to actually enjoy it and can't wait for it to be over. I am working on getting the right balance here.
6. One of my biggest regrets in life is not being a True Aggie or True Badger. Its a silly tradition, I know, but I always wanted to go. I even invited a guy I had gone out with a few times and got rejected!
7. Although I went on a lot of dates, Mason is the only guy I have ever kissed. (Now I couldn't include that one if I was a true Aggie, so I guess I should be proud!)
8. I am 5' 4", not very tall, but I haven't grown an inch since 5th grade. I was always one of the tallest and biggest kids in school. People even gave me nicknames like Jolly Green Giant and Big Bird. All I wanted was to be one of the sweet petite girls who got to sit in a chair with her legs crossed on the front row the class picture. Instead I was "Hefty Helga" most often found back row, center.
9. I struggled with infertility for 6 years. Growing up I always had a feeling this would be a challenge I would face. Fortunately, I think this experience brought Mason and I closer together. Over 8 years of "just the two of us" and the emotional roller coasters we experienced together really solidified our relationship
10. I am extremely self conscious. (hence my avoiding the activity until now) This drives my husband nuts. I think that with turning 30 I am starting to let go and not care so much, but it is still hard for me.
10 is plenty right. How strange to put so much about ME out there. Please don't judge! Refer back to number 10 if you don't like this.